information to facilitate the mailing of
the check.
1.Your full name
2.Your mailing address be it residential or postal address
3.Your phonenumber.
**I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping
i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check**
Have a nice day

when you read the rules this has all the fraud warning signs. I reported it. Hopefully they won't suspend my account.
somad.gif

susan

I recently posted my first for sale listing on Craigslist and got almost an identical response. I replied sorry this is a cash sale only and never heard back from them.

I'm a lot meaner when I get people trying to scam me...I get very very annoyed when I'm honestly trying to make money and people waste my time and try to take money and things from me. They usually don't respond after I email them back. *glower*

Yea this goes on all the time.. just report it , I woudnt even reply to the person.. then they have your email. Also include on your ad : "local sales only in person" that usually stops the requests. I wouldnt worry about craigslist deleting your account.. you did nothing wrong.

Nancy

I can't post out loud what I wrote back to the last scammer who contacted me through craigslist.

Of course, I doubt he could read English that well considering his grammar, but it made me feel better.

Those types of responses seem to be fairly typical on Craig's List (and dating sites, as well). They are usually easy to spot as the grammar is horrible and it's obvious the scammer's first language is NOT English. I don't know if reporting them does any good, though it certainly can't hurt. I just ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom