why I was worried about selling on craigslist - scam

If you read about Heather S. the pregnant girl killed,well she lived on my mail route before she went west. She had ferrets and loved Freecycle. I only talked to her a few times but every hair stood up on my neck when I read the news. I never let anyone come to the house since some Pennysaver scum stole all my silkies. Now that they caught the Craigslist killer is anyone sure there arent more freaks out there.

We got several of those when we were trying to sell a car on CL. All of them were going to pay us more than we were asking and the car was going to be shipped over seas. One wanted us to drive it an hour away after we were paid. The spelling and grammer was always really bad. This was my ds's car that he bought second hand so it wasn't a real nice car. I think we were asking 3k. We said Saturn's must be really popular over seas. lol

Quote:
No, I am sure there are more freaks out there. My husband is one of those who says if you let someone in your yard who knows if they will come back and take everything in your house. That is another reason that I have been reluctant to post anything on Craigslist. I had it with freecycle when people wanted you to drive 30 minutes to give something away.

Yes be very careful with your email address. I posted on our local CraigsList and somehow, because I emailed back to someone he was able to Google and find my address!

I don't know how you can do this. But it sure scared the living daylights out of me!

Do NOT reply to the email. As someone said, then they will have your email- might as well be your house key!

the problem with any public forum craigslist, kijiji, and yes I hate to say it even BYC
hide.gif
is the user...
hide.gif

if you google mjsdhs you will get all the forums i belong to, you will get my seller account on e-bay. (you will get my real name thats because I had it on my sig line)

Be safe when you create your e-mail addresses, and forum accounts. pick some thing random not your name, this is how most trouble starts. If you want to send me nasty e-mails to my hotmail account go ahead I know how to delete them. The only people that have my "real" personal account is my family and business associates.

and just FYI..(no attitude intended)
for those of you that have facebook, any address that is linked to your facebook account people can then then find your real name unless you have your privacy settings set super high.

go to the search function and type in an e-mail addy and it will bring you right to that person's facebook profile unless they have their privacy settings set super high.

moral of the story...
be a safe internet user, being a scared internet user does not make you safe, knowledge will!

One of my pet peeves is poor English, and I would have had to write some juvenile-sounding remark like, "Learn the language first, bud."

Quote:
well i hope you are not talking about bad grammar...
hide.gif

I was born and raised speaking english but man is my grammar bad!

in high school we had an English teacher for 10th grade english, we nicknamed her the grammar goddess, well she hated me...my grammar sucks!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom