Why is it everytime I post... the post dies?

Right. What she said.
The air cell is in the wide end of the egg, so if you put the egg pointy side down you will have it right.
The only problem with this is if they are duck eggs because sometimes its hard to tell which side is pointy, they are kinda wide on both ends!

So much of the time it just depends (referring to posts and their long life or quick death) on who's reading at the time, the time of day, the interests of the people on the forum at any given time, etc. When you think about how many people are members of BYC to start with, then factor in work hours & shifts, the ebb & flow of readers can be pretty dramatic. In addition, when the board is busy, posts can go up by the hundreds in an amazingly short time. I've seen posts that I had just finished that were on page 2 before 3 minutes went by. If it's an emergency, try again. If you got no responses to another type of post, try posting again w/ a different title or in a specific section pertaining the most closely to what you wish to discuss.
smile.png

Quote:
THANKS! YOU GUYS ARE G.R.E.A.T!

opps! i cant help ya there! sorry! i'm still new to hatching myself! hopefully the hatching guru's on here will chime and help ya!
hugs.gif

redhen.. how the heck did you get 7000 posts and not get sucked into hatching til now??? LMAO
lol.png

Don't worry, you aren't alone. I have the same problem with my threads. I am lucky if I get a couple replies and that usually takes a few days. Someone can come along with almost the same title to theirs and have 25 replies in an hour, but mine will sit there ignored.

I think it just boils down to who happens to be online, whether they see your post and if they are in the mood to help or comment. I imagine sometimes there's just noone around that can relate to your situation or breeds you have.

I often seem to be a thread killer as well. I reply and it ends up the first post on page 2 or 3 and then noone else comes to the thread to keep it going. Makes you wonder if you said something wrong. You definitely can't read too much into what happens on the net or you will drive yourself bonkers
smile.png

ETA: Was just looking at my past posts and the average response total to my threads is 4. Only one got 15 and the rest were under 6. I guess I need better pictures, questions or thread titles lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom