Why Is My Cat Peeing In The Sink?

How often is her litterbox scooped and how often does the litter get total clean? She may also have a UTI. Changes in urinary habits are a very strong sign of UTIs in cats, so a trip to the vet may be in order..

Why dosnt she like her litter box?

Get Natures Miracle to clean up the messes. Even if you wipe it off, cats can still smell their own urine and that keeps them peeing in that same spot, no matter what you might try, you need a cleaning product thats going to break down the urine entirely. Trust me. Pet co or Pet smart will have it. Its a lifesaver!

Is something making your cat nervous/stressed * new dog, new cat, bird? furniture change*? are you scooping the box EVERY day? ( I personally use fresh step scoopable for my two cats) they share one box that we clean every day. Keeps the litter from being used as fast, and keeps it smelling fresh. If cats dont feel comfortable using their box, be it smell ( get a new box? is it a new box and has no smell? that might be a problem too?) area the box is in, privacy, covered, not covered.... makes all the difference in them using the box. Is this an outdoor/indoor cat that is now stuck inside maybe? Consider all the factors and do a little google research, youll be surprised at what you find out! Does your cat prefer to pee in one, poo in another? Sometimes they like two boxes!

How deep is the litter? Does your cat prefer it deeper? shallower?

Maybe you need to try a different kind of litter all together? Feline Pine is another good one, that many prefer over clay litter. May be an option?

Good luck, i hope i helped a little in the process of figuring this issue out.

Gender? How old is he/she? Has he/she been fixed? Eating well? Drinking more than usual? Going at all in the litter box or only in the sink? Any other cats in the house? If so, any strange or out of the ordinary behavior from them? Any recent changes (place of litter box, food, new animals, schedule, etc)?

It could be caused by anything from a UTI to his/her dislike of the litter box and preferring a clean porcelain one. If you are concerned, call the vet. I have a diabetic cat who gets frequent UTI's and once had a bladder stone.
I hope you get your answer as to why your kitty is going anywhere other then the litter box.
hugs.gif

How frustrating for you! I have a neutered male approx 9 years old that hates new appliances.... peed on the new food processor christmas morning, and then on my new sewing machine, then on hubby's coffee maker when the old one quit. We have learned to hide the new stuff... until it smells the same as everything else in the house...lol
rant.gif

Quote:
Thank you! Sounds exactly like what we need! Had to send poor hubby to buy another food processor -- I was not aware that the vinegar would get the smell out, and there was no way I could let myself put food in that thing after Macho had his fun with it lol

Thank you everyone I have trouble getting to her box every day so no its not scooped reg. I remember trhis happend a while back and we took her to the vet and she had pee pee crystals
tongue.png
EWWWWWWW!!!!!! and she hasnt been to the vet in like 3 years....

Back
Top Bottom