Why is my chicken crouching when i come?

Chickens are also (somewhat) like people. Some aren't thrilled by affection/physical contact, and some LOVE it. You may have a chicken in a flock that is a human magnet- they want to be held and cuddled- and at the same time have another chicken that reacts violently to being held. Part of the beauty of chickens is that they are independent, unique, weird little creatures, just like people. No chicken will react exactly the same to another chicken, even if there is media that "proves" that they will. If every chicken was the same level of cuddliness, then people would be asking about making their chicken less cuddly. Trying to change a chicken's ingrained prey reaction is like trying to get a leopard to change its spots. It just won't work. Believe you me, I've tried sitting quietly with my chickens, giving them treats, etc. and only one of them has really responded- the one who has been cuddly from the very beginning. All hens will crouch. Mine still do, even the tamer one! It's just how those little bird brains work :)

I wish you luck with your flock! :wee
You too...

But can i somehow tame my chickens? 😟

Keep them for meat and eggs, of course. 🙄

They're livestock, not snuggle pets. I have cats for that.
NOOO MEAT!!! YOU JUST BROKE THE BACKYARDCHICKENS RULES!!! O:

You also see on advertisement tamed chickens, even on YouTube videos...

and also bad luck with your cats! XD

Chickens: I am gonna end this man's whole career

You too...

But can i somehow tame my chickens? 😟
You can try, but you can't force them. That would be animal abuse. It seems like you really, really love your chickens, so I assume you wouldn't want to do that. You can keep trying to gently hold them, give treats, etc., but if it gets to the point where the chickens are getting more terrified of you than they are being tamed, and they are getting fat from excess amounts of treats, STOP.

🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

Unwatching this thread since you're not actually interested in facts about chickens.

What RULE? Many people on this website keep chickens for meat. And bad luck with your cats? I don't understand that.

You can try, but you can't force them. That would be animal abuse. It seems like you really, really love your chickens, so I assume you wouldn't want to do that. You can keep trying to gently hold them, give treats, etc., but if it gets to the point where the chickens are getting more terrified of you than they are being tamed, and they are getting fat from excess amounts of treats, STOP.
i know, plus... I know that i won't force... "You can try", i can try? Looks like i can try which means we are not sure...

Don't always trust YouTube! (Case in point, golden eagle snatches kid.) Anyone in the whole world can put anything on the internet, so use caution when trusting sources like that.

i know, plus... I know that i won't force... "You can try", i can try? Looks like i can try which means we are not sure...
What I mean is that if you continue to keep trying with your best efforts to tame your chickens and they are not responding after about 1-2 months, it would be a waste of time, energy, and resources to continue.

Back
Top Bottom