Why is my chickens comb drooping?

Coopmeister1

In the Brooder
May 17, 2020
I'm worried about my young hen. I noticed a couple of weeks ago or so that my chickens comb was drooping to one side. She is about 22 or 23 weeks old I believe. She is eating, drinking and foraging normally. Does anybody know what may be causing this? If so what suggestions would you give me. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks
Screenshot_20201017-175553_Gallery.jpg
20201017_175703.jpg

I honestly just got into chickens this year. When I bought her the seller told me she was a Welsummer. So my next question is, do Leghorns and Welsummers look alike?

I read that Welsummers are pretty docile calm chickens. I've read that Leghorns are nervous flighty chickens. I mean she is a nervous wreck, so you are probably right.

I honestly just got into chickens this year. When I bought her the seller told me she was a Welsummer. So my next question is, do Leghorns and Welsummers look alike?
Brown leghorns and welsummers do indeed look alike. You can tell that yours is a leghorn from the white earlobes. My leghorn has a comb like that as well-nothing to be worried about :)

Brown leghorns and welsummers do indeed look alike. You can tell that yours is a leghorn from the white earlobes. My leghorn has a comb like that as well-nothing to be worried about :)
Hey guys. Thank you for replying so quickly. So this whole time I was mistaken. I've been telling my friends she is a Welsummer. Lol 😆 🤣 At least now I no she isn't sick.

Hey guys. Thank you for replying so quickly. So this whole time I was mistaken. I've been telling my friends she is a Welsummer. Lol 😆 🤣 At least now I no she isn't sick.
They do look almost exactly the same! You'll get some pretty white eggs from her. Mine grows every day.

Hi! Same question as Coopmeister1, but she's a Sapphire Gem who's just started laying a few weeks ago. She is eating, dust bathing & does this cute
dance pose when she wants a mealworm. That's what the bottom picture says in Irish.

e
IMG_20201214_154828773.jpg
IMG_20201214_154641562-01-01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom