why is my cockerel acting like a pullet?

AmeraucanaHank

Blessed be the Name of God
Sep 12, 2021
Colorado
My Coop
My Coop
hi,
I have a bielefelder cockerel that was hatched by a broody in in early september and all of his brothers are act like young roosters except him: they crow and some even started to mate. except him! why?

Lowest on the pecking order and bullied by the others?
Not actually a boy?
I don't really think that he is the lowest on the pecking order because he never got pecked ever. And as you might know bielefelders are color sexed so his feathers look just like his brothers.

I don't really think that he is the lowest on the pecking order because he never got pecked ever. And as you might know bielefelders are color sexed so his feathers look just like his brothers.
No, I had no clue. I don't know that much about different breeds.
Just throwing a couple ideas out there.

I don't know, generally I would have agreed with AArt ^^ up above. But this fall I had a rooster, that never crowed. Never mated, definitely a rooster. He was close to 6 months old when I culled him. The thing that is weird is that there were no other roosters in the flock. He should have been top dog by then or. at least trying. I had to laugh, cause so many people would love a non-crowing roster, and I am the one that got him.

I think it is Ridge runner who says she would not pick a rooster like this for her flock or breeding. She wants an early maturing bird. I culled mine, and secretly expected his gonads to be smaller, but they were of normal size. Just weird.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom