Why is my Girl Making This Noise?

I came out to check on my hens and I hear this. She keeps doing it over and over again. Is it something in her throat? Something respiratory?

It looks like she has something stuck in her esophagus or crop. Has she eaten anything weird? Any grass? Or if she ate a lot and then drank it could cause the feed to swell in her crop, which could cause that. I don't think it's an illness. I can't watch the video with sound atm though because I'm out.

It looks like she has something stuck in her esophagus or crop. Has she eaten anything weird? Any grass? Or if she ate a lot and then drank it could cause the feed to swell in her crop, which could cause that. I don't think it's an illness. I can't watch the video with sound atm though because I'm out.
Alright, is there anything I can do to help her?

You can try massaging her esophagus and crop. Start up high and rub down towards her crop. Feel for any lumps in her esophagus that could be good or a blockage. Any nasal discharge? And does her breathing sound ok?
Ok, I'll try. No nasal discharge. Breathing sounds ok a little raspy at times but she does have to breath with her mouth open. I just cleaned to poop board today sp could it be ammonia?

Back
Top Bottom