Why is my Pekin duck "sneezing"?

Ok, looks like we will start 4 days of Baytril tonight, and 3 days of Pancur. @casportpony
does that sound reasonable to you?

That's similar to what I do, except I add two days to the worming to treat capillary worms and somtimes I give Baytril for five days. FYI, Panacur is the *exact* same stuff as Safeguard, both are 100mg/ml fenbendazole (10%). You can buy 125ml of Safeguard for $25 at Tractor Supply.

-Kathy

@casportpony how would you dose this? This is what they had available today.

And how are you supposed to give it? I don't know how many packs are in the box, three? If there are three, those three packs combined are equal to about 7ml of the Safeguard liquid that you get at Tractor Supply for $25. If your vet gave it to you for free, fine, use it, but if you had to pay for it, I say return it and get the goat wormer instead.

Regarding the Baytril, are you giving that orally or by injection?

-Kathy

It was $2.70 for 3 one gram packets. With it being twice as potent as the liquid I know she won't nee near as much. I've never been good with math though lol. I can either dissolve in distilled water or sprinkle it on some bread, I'm just not sure if it should be 1/2 a packet or 1/3 or less or more? I hate to keep bugging the vet, she's already done me a HUGE favor just getting this for me..

Back
Top Bottom