Why is my Rooster so aggressive???

His main problem is his beak. He has stubs not spurs. I think im gonna give it down but I don't want him to hate me for it.
Do mean grind it down? I would not.
If you can't train to have better social skills, you will more than likely have to dispatch him.
You will not be able to find a home for an aggressive rooster, he will end up in freezer camp, whether you do it or give him to someone who will

I would get him in with the hens ASAP where they have time to teach him manners before his hormones have him take control. Like, yesterday.... see but don’t touch and free range as soon as you can together.

Those "hens" will not be teaching him any manners, because they are pullets younger than he is:
I bought him like 8 hens so he could have some girls but they are a month younger then him. So they are still in the brooder

Putting a cockerel with adult hens certainly can help him learn manners, but that does not appear to be an option here.

I would get him in with the hens ASAP where they have time to teach him manners before his hormones have him take control. Like, yesterday.... see but don’t touch and free range as soon as you can together.
Well where he sleeps and where my hens are is in the same room I let him roam around and let the hens roam around hes very active the hens not so much. They just perch on there brooder container.

I agree that he's been raised mostly isolated from other chickens, and those younger pullets are suffering for it.
Maybe pinless peepers would help, although he will still be a bully, lacking social skills.
Having him penned next to the pullets may help too.
A few big mature hens and a rooster would humble him, at least, while he tries to learn to be a chicken.
Mary

I agree that he's been raised mostly isolated from other chickens, and those younger pullets are suffering for it.
Maybe pinless peepers would help, although he will still be a bully, lacking social skills.
Having him penned next to the pullets may help too.
A few big mature hens and a rooster would humble him, at least, while he tries to learn to be a chicken.
Mary
Yes clearly he needs a lesson from...the matriarch dun dun dun. The matriarch in my flock is kind of scary.

Well where he sleeps and where my hens are is in the same room I let him roam around and let the hens roam around hes very active the hens not so much. They just perch on there brooder container.
Yeah I missed that they are younger.

I would think he is going to have an uphill battle Here. You need to become very firm and clear in your boundaries and corrections for improper behavior. This does not mean aggression, it means very clear boundaries. You’ve got to become the older hens I thought you had.

Back
Top Bottom