Why is this egg like this?

Kenzie22

Chirping
Oct 2, 2021
i collected this egg tonight from my laying hens, one is sitting on the eggs some days but i am still getting an egg from all of them. the one on the right is a regular sized egg the one on the left is super small and the one that i am confused about!

Attachments

• C0ACF7DB-BD96-4800-9A8D-CDA0AA7E13F6.jpeg
    C0ACF7DB-BD96-4800-9A8D-CDA0AA7E13F6.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 5
It's normally a "glitch" where the shell forms before a yolk has been placed inside of the egg. It is more common in very young birds and old birds when their hormones are all over.

You can carefully drill a hole into the egg and let the whites drain out.
Good post!
I usually use a needle to punch the hole, then a toothpick to widen the whole. Make a hole on both sides, and try to puncture the yolk with the needle. Then blow through one hole and the insides should blow out the other end. Its tedious, but very worth it!

I have been collecting all my fairy eggs for several years. I did not know that you can blow them out so I never did. They dried out after some time, never rot or smell bad. These eggs only have egg white in them. I have about 40 of these eggs in a basket in my kitchen, they look so cute, they have different colors.

Back
Top Bottom