Why me????????????????????????????????????????

*sob section A includes galiforms

"22. All GALLIFORMES except on Rural Zoned Property
only (such as Grouse, Pheasants, Turkeys & Common
Poultry)"

I guess she was telling the truth i just thought about her snappy response that she was wrong.......

*sob,sob

what to do now

can someone say petition!

Go back and review my earlier post to you!
big_smile.png

last time i checked they weren't, when i lived in the "west Island " of montreal people had all sorts of farm animals in sub area's, might want to talk to your mayer. if not lay low and get them.....we have a woman in town where i live now who has a few chickens

Quote:
Okay, after a lousy day at work, your counting got me laughing. I like it. Though I'm thinking Goat. LOL!

I'm in unincorporated King County, and I believe that it says at the county website that we can have three backyard pets, which includes chickens. I'm on a standard 1/5 acre subdivision lot, so it's hard to hide them. In actuality, though, I'm most concerned about my neighbors, and not so much the county.

If the OP is anything like me, they are likely stressing over it way more than they need to. But then again, that's what we worriers do.

-Dave

Total sidenote: A coworker was at an awards banquet in the city I work in last night, and one of the folks she was sitting with lives in Seattle and has a neighbor who has chickens. She commented how much she hates leaving a bedroom window open in the warm season, as those %$#@* chickens start up first thing in the morning. I'm guessing they only have hens, as I believe roo's are not permitted within Seattle.

Made me wonder just a little more about where I put my coop/run. Also makes me wonder just how "unnoticed" chickens can go in a standard neighborhood?

-Dave

I am not too sure how loud hens are but i don't think it would be too big of a problem as the only neighbor in range of hearing the chickens keeps their air conditioner on 24/7 in fact it is turned on now as i type:lol:.

I have another question,

Should i just lay low and get chickens or should i try to get to get the by law changed. But if i try to get the bylaw changed and fail wouldn't bylaw officers check if i have chickens anyway?

what should i do?

I dont know what kind of chooks you were looking into getting, but if you get some that dont really look like the standard chicken, peeps might not even notice. Ive had several people look at my silkies or polish and ask "what is that?" LOL

Or you could take another road and buy "cheap parrots" or "designer birds"
lau.gif
Just because other people call them chickens, doesnt mean that what they are you you. Besides, its cool to have a parrot, but crazy to have a chicken as a pet
hu.gif

Good luck to you,
Shannon

if your looking for them strictly as pets why not get some seramas, i also have chickens illegally and my neighbor was mad at one of my family members and decided to call me in "anonymously" well the guy came and counted up my ducks and chickens and wrote me a ticket telling me it would be $1000 fine a day after 2 weeks if i didn't remove them. Well I contacted the head of maryland and department of agriculture and none of them said i had to get rid of my pets. I went to Department of Permits and Development Management who had issued the ticket and asked for the name of who called, the guy that had came to my property said it was anonymous but they had his name and they gave me the neighbors name. After going and talking to his wife earlier that day she was telling him about it and he acted like nothing had happened just acting baffled to my situation, so i told his wife and she had him call back and take back the complaint but the guy for Department of Permits and Development Management was asking him to please reconsider and have my animals taken from me. To make a super long story short i still have my animals and they are registered with the state if it comes down to it I will fight my way through hell and high water anyday for my animals. But still to keep the peace i don't own roosters and my other neighbors are awesome and love my fowl but i'm thinking about seramas since they have al the beautiful quailties of a rooster packed into a miniature version. Hope it goes well for you like it did me! Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom