Why Move From ezboardBYC to BackyardChickens.com Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as a recent migrant from the EZBoard, I'll weigh in.

I REALLY like the way that this board is set up. The only reason it took me SO LONG to get here is that I was confused about what was going on. EZBoard changing to YUKO (or whatever that was)? EZBoard not changing? Now this new thing? I didn't visit all the forums on EZ all the time (mostly just general discussion, buy/sell/trade, and emergencies if I had an emergency). Therefore, perhaps I missed a critical post or two about the "migration".

The bumper sticker contest is what finally lured me here.

If you want people to "migrate" over, I agree that there should be a sticky or banner or something on every forum, explaining to people exactly what has happened and what is GOING to happen (if/when is EZBoard going away? etc). I agree that a complete migration will never be successful unless there is an end date for the EZBoard.

So for now, I will continue to kind of monitor both boards, which takes a little longer.

In the end, EZBoard was an invaluable resource to me as I started out last year with my chickens and I continue to go there (and now, come here) for comraderie and advice.

My 2 cents!

CB

Welcome to the new forum. I totally agree with everything you said, and especially this part:

Quote:
As mentioned before I may have come across as trying to "force" people to move over here. I feel badly that my excitement for this new forum was taken the wrong way. I have my personal dislikes with ezboard which is part of the reason why I approached Garm about buying BYC and approached Cindi about creating a new forum.

If people are more comfortable with ezboard and want to stay there, that is fine. I believe there will come a day where people will either be forced, or strongly encouraged to move over here.... but that may never happen and I'm fine with that.

We've got an amazing community here that is growing very quickly. I look at the stats of ezboard (new posts and new members) and it is a very interesting comparison to the stats over here.

Thanks everyone for your help & feedback, and for spreading the word about BYC and the new forum!

I know I mentioned this before from the very beginning, this site is very user friendly.

The poultry folks here are the best!
yippiechickie.gif

bigzio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom