Why no older hens?

Okay I will keep looking. As far as drive time-I live 40 minutes to the closest town. My bird lady is an hour and a half drive. She is great but she cant guarantee the sex.

You could look on here. Or on Craigslist or a local newspapers site. Driving an hour or more is still going to be cheaper than shipping on birds old enough to be pullets for a lot of breeds. Even in my gas guzzler, it would be quite a bit cheaper that way!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all your help and ideas. I talked to my chicken lady today and she has very graciously agreed to raise any breed I ask her to for 8 weeks. She even told me she would raise a rooster for me for 8 weeks!!!! I am so very excited!
wee.gif
woot.gif

You are so welcome. Did you pick out some chickies?

Yeah I went to my chicken lady and got 2 bearded silkies -2 weeks, and another polish-6 weeks. Then I ordered 4 more buffs that she will raise until 8 weeks old for me. If at that time I don't have a roo-I think I do already-she will special order a roo for me and raise that as well. She gets her chicks from Meyers and then sales accordingly. Her prices are fair and I am satisfied. Unfortunately she lives far.

Back
Top Bottom