Why no pips on day 21?!?

I opened my incubator the entire hatch even after 18 days. I never got shrink wrapping, but I might just be lucky. I just do everything fast so there's no change in humidity or temp.
i getting really worried. I’m sure the chirp i heard was a little wheeze bc i am starting to get sick... Should i candle? In the past i candled a late egg and it pipped in the next five minutes. I read somewhere that if a chick has not externally pipped it’s safe to open the incubator. I’m also beginning to think my incubator has its temperature off a little. All of my eggs have always started hatching on day 22. I’m really worried bc i’m going away on a trip tuesday and wednesday. Hopefully i’ll wake up to pips

i getting really worried. I’m sure the chirp i heard was a little wheeze bc i am starting to get sick... Should i candle? In the past i candled a late egg and it pipped in the next five minutes. I read somewhere that if a chick has not externally pipped it’s safe to open the incubator. I’m also beginning to think my incubator has its temperature off a little. All of my eggs have always started hatching on day 22. I’m really worried bc i’m going away on a trip tuesday and wednesday. Hopefully i’ll wake up to pips
You can candle as long as there aren't any external pips. Hopefully they'll be pips tomorrow, I'd leave them be just so the to can remain good instead of it getting low when you open the bator.

Odds are good that if your eggs are going long, your temperature was a little low over the course of incubation. Also, 70% humidity is crazy high, I think. What do you have humidity at for incubation or do you keep at 70% all the time? I've never kept it over 50-55% for lockdown with great hatch rates. I have a USB humidity mister that sprays a mist into the incubator so, when I open the door it only takes a minute or 2 and humidity is right back where it was before I opened it. The only reason I ever open the door prior to lockdown is to fill the humidity water bowl.

On a side note, the only time I handle my eggs are when I move them to lockdown. When I move them, I candle and remove any undeveloped eggs. If there's any question in if it's developed enough to hatch, I add it to lockdown. I have never marked them before but, I have 84 eggs in the incubator right now and I think I'll mark the questionable ones this time around.

You can candle as long as there aren't any external pips. Hopefully they'll be pips tomorrow, I'd leave them be just so the to can remain good instead of it getting low when you open the bator.
first pip!!!! it’s kinda hard to see.

Attachments

• A368FD39-0A5A-49A9-B50F-1E3104EFCF29.jpeg
    A368FD39-0A5A-49A9-B50F-1E3104EFCF29.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 25

Back
Top Bottom