Why not give others a chance

In a random dialing competition, the luckiest or best dialer wins. Shirely, a competition like that would drive competitive people bonkers.
lol.png

IMHO, someone with less money is not more entitled to win than anyone else.

I don't have a lot of money. I used to do quite well for myself, but with a divorce, the economy, etc.... I have had hard times. That said, I live in a small town. The perception is, that I DO have money. If I won the lottery, I could darn sure USE the money, but people look at me like, what the heck do YOU need money for.

As far as auctions, there is no such thing as "winning" a bid. Auctions are the truest method of determining the real value of an item new or used. The last or "winning" bidder simply thinks the item is worth more than any other bidder. I have literally been to thousands of auctions and sometimes I just shake my head wondering why bidder bid what they bid. Just because an individual wants an item and has x amount of dollars to spend doesn't mean that the value of the item is x. It might be x plus 1 or x plus a million.

As far as competitiveness, I have a disease lol! It is my position that second place just means you are the first loser.

Quote:
This is what our society is devolving into. By your post, the words, "less fortunate" indicates that you believe in the luck of the draw, or as some people put it, winning life's lottery.

I usually buy two tickets every week or so. One for Powerball and one for the Florida Lottery. The truth is, the game is designed as a total game of chance, with the numbered balls being blown up into the cylinders....My chance of winning, with a quick pick number is as good as the person who bought 100 tickets. Only one number is going to win the big prize, unless more than one person happened to choose the same number. Of course there are smaller prizes for 4 numbers, etc.

I am always pleased when someone wins...What irks me is when 100 relatives and friends come out of the woodwork, or everyone suddenly has a business deal that you just can't pass up, because they don't think it's fair that you won the big prize and they didn't

Competition makes you a sharper person. Envy and jealousy don't.

**Disclaimer~Posting as a BYC Member and one who won a modest windfall from the lottery**

Quote:
So if person A who is poor wants to play the lottery and win, does that mean they should post a notice that no one who is "more fortunate" than should play today because person A deserves more of a chance?

Sorry. That would lead to the old You have it, I don't, gimmee some.

Doesn't really sound like you are happy for a winner at all because you feel you deserve it more.

While I'm always happy to see someone that has less win I also think it sad that they were buying lottery tickets. Really bad financial management when you put money into anything with odds. The odds are never in the players favor, ever. It's a voluntary taxation here in Canada for the most part, we know where the proceeds are going, support health care or highway upgrades. Some charities run them too. Point being you know your making a donation, so how can you believe that overall this will lead you to financial gain? Yet many do, and many don't pay bills or buy food to continue the dream to win the Lotto.

Back
Top Bottom