Why TSC is really the devil in disguise

That's called CHICKEN MATH, right?
woot.gif
:woot gotta love those chicks!
wee.gif

DH has banned me from TSC from now until mid May. He was NOT impressed when I received a flyer advertising Chick Days, which came with a 10% off coupon. It's never really worked in his favor to tell me I can't get any more chicks, so he shouldn't be surprised to come home to find a full brooder, right?
tongue.png

Quote:

I completely relate to everything you said(except for the hubby part)! my family started off last year with no intentions of having mre than our initial 14(12 hens{supposed to be 13} and 2 roos{supposed to be 1}). In November we found out that our roos were doing their job of fertilizing eggs... after watching our hens go broody for 2 weeks and then quit, we decided to get an incubator. So far we have hatched out and still have 22 chicks(11 have been prepurchased, so will be going to new homes come the end of this month). We purchased the 25 count OLC(Ornamental Layer Collection) from McMurray Hatchery... they sent us 28(1 free rare chick +2 packing peanuts). 4 of them died. We got the amount credited back to our credit card. Then went down to TSC to find "replacements". We would have only brought home 4 , however NH TSCs say that "state regulations" say that there is a minimum purchase of 12 chicks per order(this is wrong btw, as every other grain store sells & has been selling for years as low as 1 chick per order). While we were trying to figure what we wanted an employee came over and told us that all remaining chicks were only $1/chick due to a new shipment coming in. So, we came home with 23 new chicks for $21(apparently 2 were zeroed out previously due to some minor injuries). Yesterday went in and saw their new chicks.

Thankfully there was someone else there buying chicks that allowed my Mom and I to tack on 2 birds to her order(we paid her the $5). Came home and my dad said we should have gotten 2 more to make our total poultry number 100.
roll.png
wish we had called him while we were still there!
lol.png

Hi my name is Jared and I have an addiction! I am addicted to poultry, and at the rate I am going, I am going to have to get another job or another loan from the bank to build more coops. Right now, I have 24 full grown hens, and 7 roosters. I also have 3 guineas. I was given four ducks last fall, and since I didn't have enough hens, I went to TSC and bought the 3 lonely little ducklings left in the store. 3 more ducks isn't enough to make sure I end up with enough hens, so I ordered 7 more. Then a Co-worker had bought three chicks to take to her kids school to teach them about chickens, but she lives in town so I inherited them too. I am also ordering 50 laying hens from Privett, because I cannot keep up with my egg orders. If I can build enough pens and dig a pond, I might order a few Turkeys and geese. I also saw an add in today's paper that someone has peafowl and homing pigeons for sale, and TSc gets rabbits in two weeks, so I have built hutches. If someone Knows a cheap therapist let me Know! LOL
lol.png

Quote:
big_smile.png
lol.png
Congrats Jared for realizing the depth of your addiction
clap.gif
I would say in celebration of this self-enlightenment, you should order more chicks!
woot.gif
Uh.... at least that's what I'd do
hide.gif

OMG - I AM NOT ALONE!!! CHICKEN MATH AND AN INCUBATOR HAS DOOMED ME TO THIS ADDICTION!
celebrate.gif
AND IT JUST STARTED LAST YEAR - JUST HAD MY SECOND COOP BUILT - WOULD ANYBODY MIND LOANING ME THEIR CREDIT CARD???
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom