Why? Why? Why??????

Mine do the same... I have 3 boxes for 8 girls, and they all lay in the same one each time! I wish I was the chicken whisperer... I would ask why!
cool.png

6chickens in St. Charles :

Quote:
Our EE adored pecking a hole in the plastic wood chips bag and laying eggs in her excavated "cave" of wood chips. Now we keep all those supplies in metal cans so they can't get to it.

I'll go you one better. Last week the cows broke into a pump house/storage building that houses the faucet the chickens get their water from and keeps the bales of hay for the nestboxes nice and dry.

The cows ate all the hay and pooped all over the water spigot.

It was payback for the electric fence that keeps the cows out of the chicken coops.
roll.png

6chickens in St. Charles :

Its like teenage girls all going to the ladies room at the same time. Its not about using the toilet. They just have to go together
hmm.png

yuckyuck.gif
that's the truth!​

Mine all use the same nest box, but my coop only has two. They use the nest box with the 'modesty curtain' I installed lol I only did it so they can go in there and hide from the dogs beady little eyes watching them lay lol I figure anything relaxing will help with squeezing a giant hard egg out every day!

Back
Top Bottom