Why won't my button quails lay eggs?

Please help me out on this thread toooooooooo
barnie.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ils-are-not-laying-eggs-help-me-figure-it-out

I just bought 2 pairs of button quails like 5 days ago a couple of days after having them one of the girls layed an egg. I thought that they lay every day or skip one day, so what happened to my little girl she stopped 3 day and no eggs :(.

I have the same problem I have 16 button quail im pretty sure their all old enough but I have another problem 2 im not sure witch ones are males and witch ones are females

Post some photos and we can help with the male female id. how old are they? How are the housed? What are the being fed? At this time I have more questions then answers for you!

My two ducks wont lay eggs ones a boy and ones a girl but no eggs I don't understand my chicans te haven the best time with layin but y not my ducks

Chickapee is a male. The bibs is a great way of identifying. If there are red breast feathers, that's another sign. Red vent feathers another
smile.png

Button quail are monogamous so the stress of three being together could cause the female not to lay. I assume you are housing them together? UNLESS all three are males. Do you have photos. I can tell you if they are male or female. If there are no bibs, you check the vent for red feathers
smile.png
Hope this helps.
I have a pearl female with a bib

Turns out Tac is a male and Chickapee is female. Why no eggs? He's been mating with her all day for 2 days, maybe more.
Button quills are also very temperamental mine will stop laying for a good week to week and a half every single time I clean the pen. So if you're cleaning the pen a lot that may have something to do with it or if you're rearranging what's in their cage

My two ducks wont lay eggs ones a boy and ones a girl but no eggs I don't understand my chicans te haven the best time with layin but y not my ducks
You may have to dig around ducks bury their eggs most of the time. So you may have a fair few ticking time bombs in your yard that you don't know about LOL

Back
Top Bottom