1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why won't the hens lay?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickenGeorge, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ChickenGeorge

ChickenGeorge Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2007
    Okay I bought ten barred rocks and ten black austeroups, yes I know I did not spell that correctly, at the first of of April. I have not gotten an egg yet? Any suggestions?

2. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Quote:Well see there's you're problem... never buy April Fool's chickens! [​IMG]

Just pulling your leg. Hope you get a non-joke answer, and I know you will, here [​IMG]

3. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    I feed my girls Purina Layena 24/7. They also get scratch 3 times a day. I have 23 girls and they get 3 cups of scratch a day. I also feed them left overs. Each evening they are let out of their coop and attached run to play and exercise for 2 to 4 hours.

Another thing that you might find helpful is to give them showbird feed, it is 24% protein, that will give them a boost...dont forget to throw some oyster shell after you find your first egg.

4. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    I don't know that you should have any eggs yet..... if you bought chicks in April. You did not say. saladin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by