Why won't the hens lay?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickenGeorge, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ChickenGeorge

ChickenGeorge Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2007
    Okay I bought ten barred rocks and ten black austeroups, yes I know I did not spell that correctly, at the first of of April. I have not gotten an egg yet? Any suggestions?

2. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Quote:Well see there's you're problem... never buy April Fool's chickens! [​IMG]

Just pulling your leg. Hope you get a non-joke answer, and I know you will, here [​IMG]

3. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    I feed my girls Purina Layena 24/7. They also get scratch 3 times a day. I have 23 girls and they get 3 cups of scratch a day. I also feed them left overs. Each evening they are let out of their coop and attached run to play and exercise for 2 to 4 hours.

Another thing that you might find helpful is to give them showbird feed, it is 24% protein, that will give them a boost...dont forget to throw some oyster shell after you find your first egg.

4. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    I don't know that you should have any eggs yet..... if you bought chicks in April. You did not say. saladin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by