Why won't they peep!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Corey NC, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

I wish they'd just do something to let me know they're still alive. It's day 20 and everything has been perfect temps have been solid and so has the humidity. I've only opened the bator twice since I stopped candling yesterday morning an this morning to add water.

I am not sure how my broodies mystery/swap eggs are because I caught her last night with about three eggs sticking out from beneath her and they were cool. I have no idea if she's been sitting on the eggs the whole time like that or not.

I swear I just can't seem to get a good hatch. The only thing I can think of is the turning, I can't turn everyday at the same times because my work sechedual is different everyday. They still get turned at least three times a day and I can imagine the hen isn't perfect with her turning either.

-sigh-

[​IMG]

2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Try not to open anything, especially if everything is reading fine. It's only day 20 you could have till 21.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Sit tight. It is day 20 for me too! We'll do this together. Tuffoldhen is hatching today to!

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Yes!..sit on your hands girl or better yet sit here and type with the rest of us that are on day 20!.... lol...that's how I'm going to spend my time or, running after a 4 year old thats saying are they pipping Grandma? or do yardwork!...

5. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Don't worry yet, I didn't have any pips until day 21. [​IMG] I can't wait to see pic's of all the new babies!!

6. 4roosandahen

4roosandahen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Corey, I am with you and I understand the excitement all too well. I to am on day 20 and to my surprise I had two pips!! So to keep myself from opening the bator I left the house until noon, lol. I had one little chick waiting on me and the other still in the same spot as I left it(only pipped). I can't stand the wait either.
    Good luck to everyone on the hatches coming soon.......
    I can't wait any longer.......... aghhh [​IMG]

7. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I asked the same question, then two hours later had my first pip! Now have one hatched and one pipped and they're talking to each other. [​IMG]

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    today must be a good hatching day!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just leave them alone and they will come!!!!!

9. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

don't open so often corey... but neverless i stand by the same deal....

frank

10. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Well someone, peeped. Though I have no idea who.Now if only they would pip.

I had to open it inorder to add water, no other way. It was for all of a second and the temps didn't change at all. I won't need to open it agian until all the chick hatch so cross your fingers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by