Why won't they peep!

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
barnie.gif

I wish they'd just do something to let me know they're still alive. It's day 20 and everything has been perfect temps have been solid and so has the humidity. I've only opened the bator twice since I stopped candling yesterday morning an this morning to add water.

I am not sure how my broodies mystery/swap eggs are because I caught her last night with about three eggs sticking out from beneath her and they were cool. I have no idea if she's been sitting on the eggs the whole time like that or not.

I swear I just can't seem to get a good hatch. The only thing I can think of is the turning, I can't turn everyday at the same times because my work sechedual is different everyday. They still get turned at least three times a day and I can imagine the hen isn't perfect with her turning either.

-sigh-

pop.gif

Yes!..sit on your hands girl or better yet sit here and type with the rest of us that are on day 20!.... lol...that's how I'm going to spend my time or, running after a 4 year old thats saying are they pipping Grandma? or do yardwork!...

Corey, I am with you and I understand the excitement all too well. I to am on day 20 and to my surprise I had two pips!! So to keep myself from opening the bator I left the house until noon, lol. I had one little chick waiting on me and the other still in the same spot as I left it(only pipped). I can't stand the wait either.
Good luck to everyone on the hatches coming soon.......
I can't wait any longer.......... aghhh
tongue.png

Well someone, peeped. Though I have no idea who.Now if only they would pip.

I had to open it inorder to add water, no other way. It was for all of a second and the temps didn't change at all. I won't need to open it agian until all the chick hatch so cross your fingers!

Back
Top Bottom