Why would someone do this???

Well then welcome back to the land of internet.
Hmmmmmmm stole the feed also.
Glad you are getting it fenced in and I LOL'ed at the big guard horses.
lau.gif

If they stole feed you know it is fellow chicken owners, I would add that to the police report. Are your missing birds identifiable (any leg bands or toe punches)? Do you have pictures of them? I would be very tempted to search for them and the feed. Maybe even putting up posters: "Stolen chickens", etc. If they are show chickens, I would contact the local ag service/4H club and any local show association leaders-if they knew someone who suddenly had birds that matched yours you might be able to get them back.

Yeah, my DD is starting FFA this school year, and we know the FFA teacher. He is a member of our Round-Up (rodeo) club. I do have pics, now that you mention it, Chris...I posted their pics on here the day I got them!
clap.gif
Of course, they are starting to get their "big girl" feathers, so they are changing daily, I am sure. Especially the EE ones. I know I have a solid white one, but the others, who knows what color they will end up being. Then my little buff Polish I babied.
hit.gif
That one still gets me. She started running up to me sideways, because she couldn't see in front of her with her crest. It was so cute.

I haven't marked any of my chickens...sounds like I should look into that. We went to a birthday party this past weekend and a bunch of the older FFA kids were there. There wasn't any talk of them. There is another "group" of kids and I am thinking it was them. Not the kids from our Round Up club. Someone from there would have talked. Everyone knows everything that goes on in that group. LOL!

I did tell them that they were taken, and they will check around. The people I think were involved, have out of town relatives, about an hour away. I doubt I'll hear anything. I can't wait til our puppy gets old enough to start being a guard dog! He's getting used to the chickens already, so that is a good start.

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom