Why would two of my young hens (7 & 8 months) start laying and quit after only two weeks?

KitaMick1

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 1, 2013
One hen is an Orpington, the other is a Dominque. This is the first time this has happened. Any suggestions? All 12 hens are happy, healthy, and hardy.

i m have some egg trouble my self i m been geting rid of my rooster cause i have to many and i also move the coop around so the nest boxes will be in a darker spot i ll let you know how this is working for me

This question is similar to one I posted a year ago but with a little twist. My first time molt for 6 of my hens came earlier than expected, which was great. They began to lay eggs in January consistantly and now it's February; three of them have now stopped laying. Is this normal? This is going to sound weird but soon before they started laying, they would go into the submissive squat and I figured any day they'd be laying; which they did. But, I've noticed the two who usually drop down, are not now. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom