WHY??????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by hankshens, Nov 8, 2008.

1. hankshens

hankshens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2008
    TN
    Why is it that I take good care of my chickens and something always happens to them! People who just let theirs go and fend for theirselves are fine and never have any problems. I dont understand! I just lost my Electra baby so I am pouting. Sorry.

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Sorry you lost your baby. Sometimes letting them free to build immunities and resistance to stuff is a better approach. The strong survive and are more vigorous.

3. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

We are so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to loose one of the babies. We just had to put one down ourselves. I agree though, that it seems that the free-er they are, the less problems. Our chickdren that run around in the large outdoor pen (basically free range) are always much healthier than the ones we have penned for breeding stock.

4. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    So sorry for your loss [​IMG] It is never easy! I lost 3 babies to drowning in a horse tank. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have never lost a chicken to predators but I did lose one the other day to suffocation when all the chicks piled into the feeder to keep warm. [​IMG]
    So sorry for your loss- it's frustrating.

6. hankshens

hankshens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2008
    TN
    Thank you all. I am trying to quit crying but I cant. Please say a prayer for her.

7. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

prayers have been said for your lost one...and for you! [​IMG]

8. LAChick

LAChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2008
    I know the feeling of loss all to well when the most friendliest of my chickens was snatched by a coyote. I was angry, sad and felt defeated for several days; then I refocused on the others and moved forward.
    My hens are free range during day light hours and some of my hens are over 12 years of age, with very low diease rate.
    Well also say a prayer for you and your little one.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Shucks.

Sorry for your loss.

I am praying for you.

The one you lost is doing just fine.

10. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    part of raising chickens is death and i can almost assure you everyone looses chickens..........but i am sorry for your loss

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by