Why...

Jen4

Songster
11 Years
Sep 7, 2008
Munfordville, KY
Is my head rooster flogging me NOW... hes a year old, does that mean something? Hes never flogged me until this week, now hes come at me 3 times... how do I make him stop or can I? If not he's going to the stew pot!

Wear a cowboy hat and swing it and hit him on next charge it won't hurt but new respect will be born.My husband has had to do this with a very determined roo and used several items but this actually worked ??
hide.gif
ps yourrs and ours close to same age = hormones
ep.gif

it sounds crual but dominating can work..... lke holding him pinned to the grounds and hold his head flat against the ground for like 10 seconds he will hate it but better than the pot !!!
smile.png

Also in one of the chicken mag. was a suggestion of arming yourself with nerf balls going so far as to stash buckets in various places .
lol.png

haha that reminds me we ties a balloon full of water onto a stick and let him attack it when it burst he got the fright o his life hahaha was funny to watch.......

All I need to do is pick up the hose, or pick up the broom, and they're outta there. I've never used the broom, but they don't like it. They HATE the hose
hide.gif

Jen

Thanks for the good ideas guys... keep em coming. I really dont want to eat em but I dont want to be scared of going into MY chicken coop either
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom