Wich would you get EaterEgger or Turken?

Nava. . . . You're the hero when I'm not around. You're awesome.
lol.png

I say get Turkens, (who dares say they're ugly??) but if you have room - Get an EE too. There's a chance you'll get some green eggs.
smile.png

I love them but im gonna order mine so i can get the others i want it will complete my order.............bad news though my wife thinks turkens look like a diseased chicken
rant.gif
but idc im still getting them.
ya.gif
she wants me to get 2 ee instead of 1 ee and 1 turken

Last edited:
i love EE but don't put Turkens down,those are my # 1 breed,those are fighting words,calling my babyes ugly!!
42kmoig.gif

Quote:
Get EE's!!! you will only get around 5-6 colored eggs a week with one. and a hen only lays one color its whole life. Better get 2 so maybe you will have 2 different shades of green or blue/day. I have 6 and LOVE the carton full of different shades!

3+ days worth of eggs from 6 EE's!

Naked necks...
sickbyc.gif

EE-colorful friendly birds that lay colored eggs!!

ETA: its the skin... the texture reminds me of a hairless rat... (Shivers)

Last edited:
Amen to Nava......I couldn't believe she said that! I love the Turkens, and i wil still be getting them......I think they are the coolest wackiest breed out there and I love em' for that.......Lol
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
For me, it is their absolute sweetheart and "pet-like" personality. My last Turken was the sweetest, most personable chicken I ever had! . . . I miss her.
hit.gif

i had mine die of...
hit.gif
of
hit.gif
a fox attack
hit.gif
hit.gif

hi would jump on my lap every time i went out to give the chickens treats. miss him so much
sad.png

38176_pict0020.jpg

My Turkens were the only breed of chicken I ever let in the house!
lau.gif
My latest girl used to walk around the kitchen, and before that I'd always have to "Turken-proof" the floor, as I swear Turkens eat waay more than other breeds - She will peck the tiniest speck of dust for a taste.
big_smile.png
My previous one before her I'd even have in my arms while posting topics and replies. . . Sadly the last time I held her, I was posting an emergency thread about a crop impaction. Hers. About an hour later, she died. In my arms. Worst. Night. Ever.

Aaanyway - I believe people should only judge a breed if they actually have experience with it. I had/have both Turkens and EEs, and my Turkens were spunky sweethearts from chickhood. The EE's were either average or really skittish and flighty, and didn't calm until 7-9 months of age. I do love my EE hen, but my Naked Necks had a special place in my heart.
love.gif

Nava: I was wondering why I stopped seeing photos/stories of him. So sorry to hear your loss!
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom