Wide stance/enlarged hips

Did you try going with nori strips soaked in water? Or kelp? This stuff is also more natural to them. Nori strips would be pretty cheap. (Yes nori as in for making sushi, but might have to wet it first?)

For seeing how to hook up the hobble... this youtube channel shows a video and you can see how they did it. It might help you.

Great thanks! I’m not familiar with nori but will look into that. Kelp will be similar?

Great thanks! I’m not familiar with nori but will look into that. Kelp will be similar?
nori is dried seaweed or kelp. and its usually in asian food section at grocery. I said kelp to help identify it. But the nori would be easier to find.

I think it will be easier to treat it that way than buying a bunch of vitamin tablets. And companies cheat a lot now so you don't even know if its got what they say is in it anyway.

It'd be interesting to hear a follow up in a few weeks from this.

nori is dried seaweed or kelp. and its usually in asian food section at grocery. I said kelp to help identify it. But the nori would be easier to find.

I think it will be easier to treat it that way than buying a bunch of vitamin tablets. And companies cheat a lot now so you don't even know if its got what they say is in it anyway.

It'd be interesting to hear a follow up in a few weeks from this.
Thanks! Sorry for my confusion. I have seen kelp online before. Can’t say if I’ve seen that name nori before. Can’t remember if it’s readily available in store locally. Will have to check again. I’m willing to try anything if it might help.

How are your goslings?
Hi-they seem to be doing ok. I’ve got them outside now with the others. In coop I put them in a crate by themselves overnight so I can monitor their feeding. Also to give the flock more time to get used to them. The goslings are still small compared to the others. Gelato still lays down from time to time. So I’m putting either rooster booster poultry cell or vitamin b complex in their water. I really need to give it directly in his mouth. I may do that for couple more days. Any thoughts?
Adding a picture of them I just took. The two babies are in the foreground. Gelato is on the right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi-they seem to be doing ok. I’ve got them outside now with the others. In coop I put them in a crate by themselves overnight so I can monitor their feeding. Also to give the flock more time to get used to them. The goslings are still small compared to the others. Gelato still lays down from time to time. So I’m putting either rooster booster poultry cell or vitamin b complex in their water. I really need to give it directly in his mouth. I may do that for couple more days. Any thoughts?
Adding a picture of them I just took. The two babies are in the foreground. Gelato is on the right.
It sounds like you’re doing good!

Vitamin B12 will not treat Niacin deficiency You need B complex TSC carries Durvet Liquid B complex and it would be a good idea to start your gosling on this 1 ml daily over a yummy treat just a small amount of treat so you see he is getting full dose. Nutritional yeast is good for supplementing niacin but even when we give it seems we can still have one that comes up with Niacin def. I may be wrong but since we're not vets we have to eliminate and niacin def is always at the top of the list.

The liquid B complex will say injectable but we use it orally.
@Miss Lydia Hoping you won’t mind my hijacking this post. Can’t find the one I want to question! I got some liquid B Complex for my goslings but they hate the taste! Tried to give about 1/2 cc each on their favorite lettuce but they just tasted and shook their heads. One may have a touch of Angel wing and they just seem a bit wobbly for 4 1/2 weeks old. Tend to sit a lot, but also do lots of zooming. Don’t swim anywhere near as much as the ducklings. They’re my first geese so don’t know how to compare. The ducklings with them seem so much more hardy and are already almost fully feathered while the goslings are still mostly down. If I put the b complex in their waterer, what would be the rate per gallon? And it will be ok for the ducklings? None of them have any issues. All same hatch date.

I think it will be fine for the ducklings. What kind of food do they eat - you could just try mixing it onto their regular feed instead of treats.

Can you possibly give it to them by mouth? they aren't going to be happy campers but once you get the hang of it it goes fast. Wrap them in a towel hold between your legs and pry open the bill When i first started I had my dh hold them that gave me both hands to work with https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

or try mixing into their feed but It's still going to be hard to judge how much each is getting

I like giving it by mouth that way I know they are getting full dose.

Back
Top Bottom