Wide stance/enlarged hips

Pics
I think it will be fine for the ducklings. What kind of food do they eat - you could just try mixing it onto their regular feed instead of treats.
Mazuri starter. I keep seeing people say they put the b complex in their water but I guess I missed the rate. It is the injectable from TSC, but I had to order it, and it’s Aspen rather than Durvet. Maybe theirs tastes different.

Can you possibly give it to them by mouth? they aren't going to be happy campers but once you get the hang of it it goes fast. Wrap them in a towel hold between your legs and pry open the bill When i first started I had my dh hold them that gave me both hands to work with https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

or try mixing into their feed but It's still going to be hard to judge how much each is getting

I like giving it by mouth that way I know they are getting full dose.
Ugh. Not sure I can handle that by myself. Will give it a go.

Hi-they seem to be doing ok. I’ve got them outside now with the others. In coop I put them in a crate by themselves overnight so I can monitor their feeding. Also to give the flock more time to get used to them. The goslings are still small compared to the others. Gelato still lays down from time to time. So I’m putting either rooster booster poultry cell or vitamin b complex in their water. I really need to give it directly in his mouth. I may do that for couple more days. Any thoughts?
Adding a picture of them I just took. The two babies are in the foreground. Gelato is on the right.
How much B Complex do you put in their waterer, please? I’m looking for a rate per gallon. Thanks!!

I think the reason why Miss Lydia is saying not to put it in water is they will never drink all their water before it gets dirty, and so they'll never get the full dosage. That's why it's better on treats or feed. Have you tried watermelon? It soaks up the liquid pretty well. I used a stretchy sock to hold my ducks wings in place - also cutting the protein in their diet a bit.
20230513_090301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom