1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WIERD BUBBLE ON DUCKLINGS BACK

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by delanianddonna, Dec 12, 2015.

1. delanianddonna

delanianddonna New Egg

Nov 4, 2015
    [​IMG]HELP!
    When dodge hatched she had a peck mark on her back and it never grew feathers over it. It has now turned into a air bubble at the base of the neck/back. I haven't popped it incase it gets infected etc. does anyone know what it is??!
    She was premature in hatching and we saved her because she was going to die. She's a bit of a special duck. Haha [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    Ok this bugs me i want to pop it whether thats the right course of action i dont know..... I just bump you post and not give advice because of this really bad urge to pop that bubble...

3. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    How long ago was she pecked?

-Kathy

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  4. delanianddonna

delanianddonna New Egg

Nov 4, 2015
    When she was born- it was a peck mark from the hen as she was hatched underneath a hen. But the bubble only appeared after we out her in the Chook pen with the other ducklings. So around 3 weeks ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by