1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wierd dog!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by annaraven, Oct 9, 2010.

1. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    So our dog chewed the power cable for the computer. (Luckily it wasn't plugged in.) This is the second cable he's chewed. I bought some of the "bitter yuck" spray from the pet store to stop him chewing on the ones we just can't get off the floor. I was spraying it on one of the cables when the dog walked over and started licking it off my fingers!

So much for that idea. [​IMG]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG][​IMG] Yeah...I tried some extreme hot sauce on some cables for one of my dogs and he would just lick it off... Maybe try wrapping the cables with barbed wire...lol

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. Lorije1

Lorije1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    yeah my Lab LOVED the bitter apple spray... bitter orange slowed him down some. Some. [​IMG]

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I had a horse and a dog that would lick fire hot cayenne pepper rub off the wood posts as I applied it...... [​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:My Lab loves them all. So much for being smart dogs.... my vet got a laugh though, when I told him I had tried the bitter orange! Trust me- DO NOT DO THAT!

7. Slinkytoys

Slinkytoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Black Forest
    #1 All Systems Tea Tree Oil Spray. OMG that stuff is awful. Won't hurt anything, great for use on wounds as it is antiseptic as well. I've used this stuff for years, haven't found a dog who likes it. Just google it for places to buy it.
    Slinky

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

9. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    The smell of tea tree oil might drive me out of the living room! [​IMG]

Does your dog have other things to chew? Like soup bones or rawhides? Sometimes that helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by