Wife's Christmas Present (New Coop)

You can get the aluminum sheets at an auto zone or the likes of one and pop rivet them together to put under your roost. i guess you put them on the floor when you work on the car. My DH came up with the id and it works great. Just cut off the sides and slide together if you need a larger size, you wont cut your hands when you are cleaning things out.

So psrumors . . . do you happen to have a brother who is just like you??
wink.png

Very nice job. If you only knew how many women there are in this forum whose husbands do not support their chicken interest! You are a gem indeed.

Have a great holiday!

Thanks again all.

Dedren, I did look at those pans but I knew one of the kids or wife would slice their hand sooner than later.

I ended up using plastic totes. I will post pics once I am finished.

Jenski, my wife supports me in my novice drag racing and pulls for me as hard as my biggest fans. This is the least I can do.

And yes I have a brother but I doubt he would support anyone's chicken habbits.

psrumors, can you use a trunk drip pan thingy(you put it in the trunk of the car to set yucky stuff on) for the coop poop? Tey are made out of black plastic. Kind of like what goes in the bottom of the dog's metal kennels that pull out. Or a rabbit hutch bottom, same idea, deeper pan.

I was going to get the rabbit hutch pans but the ones I found were in clearance for 10 bucks! WOO HOO, I love Clearance. Anyway I bought a couple at the Orscheln's store here and they are like 3' by 2'. they are an inch or 2 deep. I bought them for my future call duck pen so we can put water in and let them splash around and get out on webbed flooring so they don't muck up the coop area with muddy water.

It might work as good for a poop tray!

Don't forget linoleum for the flooring, makes cleanup so much easier!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the rabbit pans but were too expensive at $17 a piece. I ended up with totes that were $8 and work great. I will get pics today for everyone to see.

And there is linoleum on the floor.

The hens hate the coop. Of course I am sure it is the change. They will just have to get use to it.

OH I SEE the linoleup now, looked like MDF board quick glance!

Honestly, Great job on the coop, I am going to have to see if hubby will do that for me! Your wife should LOVE YOU!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom