Wiggling eggs?!?!

Pics
:weeThat is a good sign, but they still have the pipping and zipping to do before they emerge. They usually rest a lot during this process. My guess would be any time between now and 28th day. :D (ducks right? muscovies longer)

Keep calm and be ready for ducklings!
Omg I'm so nervous!!! This is my first time with ducks! Or anything for that matter!!! Do I put them in lock down?? What should my temp be? Humidity? Do I turn them today?

IMG_2572.JPG
Not sure of the breed as I saved these ducks from the side of the road. But from what the mother looked like I'd say welsh harlequin possibly??
The incubator is a little giant 9300 still air. Temp is at 100 and humidity has been like 55-65 ish.
They had detached air cells so they were vertical positioned in a carton until like 3 days ago. Now they are laying horizontal

Yes, looks a little too humid with that much condensation. You don't want that to drip on the eggs. just don't add any more water until that dries up.

The movement on day 25 is good! they are getting into position to hatch. It will still likely take a couple more days. Don't be alarmed if they settle down and don't wiggle much for the next couple of days. patience! They test our patience, big time!!

Still-air incubators can be run as high as 102, but 100ish is fine. I wouldn't touch that dial now, as the LGs can be quite touchy! A little low may push them out a little later, but maybe not, so just leave it where you have it.

And best of luck! I wanna see some baby duckling pics in a few days!! :)

Back
Top Bottom