Wikipedia - Are there any contributors or editors here?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nifty-Chicken, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Does anybody on BYC have experience with contributing / writing or editing Wikipedia? If so, please post here or PM me.

Thanks!!!

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I believe I read a Wikipedia article one time that was contributed by (or authored by) BYC member Resolution.

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Just wondering, are you making a BYC Wikipedia page?? Huh? Huh huh huh????

4. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Songster

Dec 6, 2009
    Nm.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  5. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I've thought about it several times, but never actually done it. I'd be happy to contribute to a BYC page though...hint, hint... [​IMG]

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

I've been looking at some of the chicken articles on Wikipedia and there is some info that is missing and some places where I think links to BYC (specific parts of BYC, like the breeds database, coop section, etc.) would be very appropriate.

I've never done anything with Wikipedia before and don't know if there are processes or ways of writing, or ways to work with the editors, to increase the probability that the additions / edits will stick and not be reverted or removed.

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Some pages anyone can change, others take someone that has been registered with them a while.

I got someone on here to update the incubation page here while back. It would not let me.

8. If you go to the site you want to edit, and there is a little button above each section that says "edit". That should take you to the area that allows you to change the words. Then you submit it and...BAM!! You just fix that problem!

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

The chicken page is locked so the edit button is not there to most users.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: