Wild Birbs

Oh for sure. I had to look it up, they’re stunning! I’ll try to get onto my husband’s computer later and share a few pics. He has some owls and Bald Eagles that he got great pics of. Also some Blue Herons that hang out here for a while.
Their mating ritual is excellent too! And the way their babies look!!
Great crested grebes cpt Steve Waterhouse.jpg
GettyImages-1248271659.jpg
(not my photos) Awesome, can't wait to see them! Birds are just so cool.

P1070400.jpg

I write a lot about really wanting to capture that perfect photo of a Red Kite, it's no secret that they are one of my favourite birds of prey in the UK. Many may not know that this bird achieved something absolutely astonishing over here - coming back from the brink of extinction!

The elegant red kite is one of Britain's largest birds of prey, with a wingspan reaching 185cm. As such, it's been a victim of historic persecution, much like the only two predatory birds reaching larger sizes: the golden eagle, and the white-tailed eagle. Both have been the subject of controversial reintroduction plans.

The birds were hunted out of fear that they'd eat livestock and pets, little did people realise they're not much for hunting! Red kites mainly eat carrion and worms, but they can be opportunistic and will occasionally take small mammals.

P1070545.jpg

See the full recovery here: https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/animals/2022/03/how-the-uks-red-kites-came-back-from-the-brink

Back
Top Bottom