Wild bird egg!!! Need help ASAP!!

Magpie-ah

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 10, 2014
Hello,

We just took the dog for a walk and we noticed that there was a wild birds egg lying on the ground. It was still slightly warm. It was covered in small cracks so I am guessing that it fell from a tree. I know that it is illegal to steal wild bird eggs, but I think that an attempt to save a life is different to stealing eggs to sell. I kept it warm until we got home when I candled it to check if it was alive or if there was anything in it at all, but the shell was too dark to see anything. Any ideas? The egg is a greenish greyish colour, and it is about the size of a bantam chicken egg, maybe even smaller. It is quite a circular shape, but with a really pointy top. Would the chick have died from the fall, and if it is alive, is there any chance of it hatching? I have put it in my incubator at a temperature of 37.7 degrees Celsius. Is this a good temperature? The egg is covered in cracks but the cracks are only slight and the shell is really strong. I was also wondering what type of bird it might be from. Am I wasting my own time or is there a chance I could save it? All replies are appreciated.... Many thanks xxx. :D

Back
Top Bottom