wild bird wanting to move in with chicks

cary 1973

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Henderson Nevada aka Las Vegas
so my girls are 6 week + old they have been living in there coop for over 2 weeks now and having there run over a week now well yesterday my dad found a sparrow in the coop he let it out all was fine he found it again this afternoon and then when i got home from work it was back in there and then tonight when i toook out there yogart it was in there again we have looked high and low on how this dam bird is getting in and there is no where for it to fit through but i am thinking of just letting it live in there the chicks dont seem to mind it adn im sick of letting it out my main ? is this do i have or what do i havge to worry about with this littl eparrow bing in close contact with my babies.

Wild birds can bring all sorts of nasty things into your coop. Disease, lice... Rather figure out where it's getting in and block the hole(s).

Put a fake owl on top of the roost, maybe that will work. The sparrow might see it and think its a real owl looking to have a bite ;)

nowadays they make great owls, some move when activated by sound and the head turns and hoots, and some have glowing eyes for nitetime. Wild birds, while pretty as their own, can be really bad if they get into chickens living quarters etc.

Back
Top Bottom