Wild cat pregnancy

This reply is not meant as advice

:eek:There were 2 tiny kittens walking across my back fence, there was no way I could catch them. Then one morning I heard horrible screaming and screeching and found a lot of magpies attacking one of these kittens behind an old dog kennel I had at that time. I chased the magpies off and left a bowl of food and water on my wall for this kitten, he would come and eat but leave the moment he saw me.

The beast from the east came that winter and I didn't see this kitten for months after the snow had cleared away. I was sad to think he'd frozen out there.
One morning as I threw some food out for the birds there he was amongst them eating, ( strange seeing a cat eating with birds) with one of the magpies with one half wing. The both were back they next day, magpie halfvwig and the kitten and this kitten had now moved into this dog kennel, so I added a towel over the door for extra protection from the elements.

I decided to trap black beauty thinking it was a girl I wanted too get her fixed to stop her having kittens, it took about 7 months in all and it turned out to be a boy but I still I got him fixed... On his return I kept him indoors to allow the healing process but he just escaped I was so worried. 2 days after, as I was waking up I heard a little sound of snoring in my bedroom, and there he was in my knickers draw :eek:.
I totally forgot he was feral grabbing him up and smothered him with kisses, fed him and set him free. :love He choose the old kennel so I was happy with this.
4 months on, on New year's day, I was about to close my door after feeding him, he just ran inside my door like a flash if light. He had decided after 18 months to just move on in. He now is the head of the house that's when the dog allows.

20201228_233034.jpg

Last edited:
This reply is not meant as advice

:eek:There were 2 tiny kittens walking across my back fence, there was no way I could catch them. Then one morning I heard horrible screaming and screeching and found a lot of magpies attacking one of these kittens behind an old dog kennel I had at that time. I chased the magpies off and left a bowl of food and water on my wall for this kitten, he would come and eat but leave the moment he saw me.

The beast from the east came that winter and I didn't see this kitten for months after the snow had cleared away. I was sad to think he'd frozen out there.
One morning as I threw some food out for the birds there he was amongst them eating, ( strange seeing a cat eating with birds) with one of the magpies with one half wing. The both were back they next day, magpie halfvwig and the kitten and this kitten had now moved into this dog kennel, so I added a towel over the door for extra protection from the elements.

I decided to trap black beauty thinking it was a girl I wanted too get her fixed to stop her having kittens, it took about 7 months in all and it turned out to be a boy but I still I got him fixed... On his return I kept him indoors to allow the healing process but he just escaped I was so worried. 2 days after, as I was waking up I heard a little sound of snoring in my bedroom, and there he was in my knickers draw :eek:.
I totally forgot he was feral grabbing him up and smothered him with kisses, fed him and set him free. :love He choose the old kennel so I was happy with this.
4 months on, on New year's day, I was about to close my door after feeding him, he just ran inside my door like a flash if light. He had decided after 18 months to just move on in. He now is the head of the house that's when the dog allows.

View attachment 2496435

Thank you for your beautiful story! :love :love :love
I want to explain better the situation...
This cat have attended our house since 2016. At first, she was so so so scared that she runned away every time we appeared even if we were 10m far from her! So, Under this point of view, she is improving a lot. I can stay at 2m far from her, very rarely a little more close. But i have the feeling that she is (slowly) beginning to trust us. So, if i trap her, or give her to a rescue group, i fear she would totally lose her little trust and leave our house. You will say, "ok, maybe, but she wont have kittens anymore and have a better life"... The fact is that she is completely feral, like a wild bunny or a wild pig. She has nothing of a pet,but i got attached to her. She simply comes here, eats, stays a bit to control her kingdom, and then she goes to catch some mices or something so. Im trying to become her friend little by little because i think that a house and sure food and a family that love her can be a good thing for her, but i have the doubt that i shouldnt make things too faster. I could say that i dont care of her kittens, but it isnt true.... I'd like to help them too, and i offer to her mother a sure place where giving them birth, but i'm like to conciliate this with my need of not Los her trust...

Maybe all is more clear.. Sorry if i doesn't explain well, but im italian and try to do how i can! :)

Thank you for your beautiful story! :love :love :love
I want to explain better the situation...
This cat have attended our house since 2016. At first, she was so so so scared that she runned away every time we appeared even if we were 10m far from her! So, Under this point of view, she is improving a lot. I can stay at 2m far from her, very rarely a little more close. But i have the feeling that she is (slowly) beginning to trust us. So, if i trap her, or give her to a rescue group, i fear she would totally lose her little trust and leave our house. You will say, "ok, maybe, but she wont have kittens anymore and have a better life"... The fact is that she is completely feral, like a wild bunny or a wild pig. She has nothing of a pet,but i got attached to her. She simply comes here, eats, stays a bit to control her kingdom, and then she goes to catch some mices or something so. Im trying to become her friend little by little because i think that a house and sure food and a family that love her can be a good thing for her, but i have the doubt that i shouldnt make things too faster. I could say that i dont care of her kittens, but it isnt true.... I'd like to help them too, and i offer to her mother a sure place where giving them birth, but i'm like to conciliate this with my need of not Los her trust...

Maybe all is more clear.. Sorry if i doesn't explain well, but im italian and try to do how i can! :)
I think she may already know you are her friend and she'll always know the good you have done for her! If you can find a quiet area if you do decide to trap and fix her, then keep her there with a litter box food and water. Yes it's risky and take great care when feeding, or alternatively try and get the shelter to hold her then release her back outside your home and leave her a nice dinner and water
;) .
I was afraid with this cat, he was feral and he still won't go near anyone else, except the dog and myself.
20201220_214150.jpg

It's clear..... but still shouldn't keep allowing that animal to reproduce.

Sorry 🐈🌺 could you explain me better why it is so important to fix her?
I am not in a situation of cat overpopulation, she is used to be pregnant, she knows how to do it, and i agree on the fact that she shouldn't have to many pregnancies but, if i could make her trust, i could fix her/keep her at home when she is in heat without traumatize her...
I see her like a hare more than like a cat.. and I'd never fix an hare..
But i know nothing of cats so i would be so grateful if you could explain me! 🙏

I think she may already know you are her friend and she'll always know the good you have done for her! If you can find a quiet area if you do decide to trap and fix her, then keep her there with a litter box food and water. Yes it's risky and take great care when feeding, or alternatively try and get the shelter to hold her then release her back outside your home and leave her a nice dinner and water
;) .
I was afraid with this cat, he was feral and he still won't go near anyone else, except the dog and myself.
View attachment 2496501

Oh wow! he is so cute :love:love:love
Thanks for all the advices! Do you think that being caged is a trauma that could make her not coming here anymore? 😳 It's the most suspicious animal i ever seen, so i can't imagine how she could react!

Back
Top Bottom