Wild duck eggs that needed help. Now scared ha!

Cjsquiggle

Chirping
Dec 12, 2018
POSTING ON BEHALF OF SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS NOT ON THIS WEBSITE!
Ok so this is kind of weird and might need deleted but I’m posting Incase because now I feel bad.
Friend calls me that her dog attacked a duck that had made a nest right Outside her door on porch. Some eggs were smashed. (She didn’t know it was there I guess I don’t really even understand that part but didn’t dig 🤣) I told her to leave them that mom would come back but would need warmth to survive the night. Long story short five iSh hours later mom still hadn’t come back and it was going to be really cold that night. Now these eggs are in an incubator in her house and I’m scared she’s going to go to jail because I told her they would die if left over night😳😳😳 she wants to know what to do now I was like ehhh I rly dunno maybe drop at a rehabilitation place the day they hatch if they even live. Again not trying to break rules. Just feel like I said something in the moment that made her want to save these animals and don’t know how to help her now 🙈

Your friend's best bet - legally - would be to contact and wildlife rehab person, explain the situation and ask for advice. There's a good chance they can take eggs and either hatch them or "rehome" them with another wild mallard.

Back
Top Bottom