Wild duck with angel wing

Charcat

Hatching
Dec 15, 2020
Hi, we need help with a Muscovy duck with angel wing.
His name is Huey he is wild and has been coming with his mother and a few other Muscovy since he was very small he developed Angel wing. At this point I cannot catch him.
I live in Fort Myers Fl. I am looking for someone that might raise ducks not for eating to catch and help treat this Angel wing. I live in a gated community so I can not have a cage outside to try to bind this wing until it heels.
Thanks Charcat

His name is Huey he is wild and has been coming with his mother and a few other Muscovy since he was very small he developed Angel wing. At this point I cannot catch him.
I live in Fort Myers Fl. I am looking for someone that might raise ducks not for eating to catch and help treat this Angel wing. I live in a gated community so I can not have a cage outside to try to bind this wing until it heels.
Thanks Charcat
Leave it alone and don't worry about it.

I'd say there isn't much you can really do. You can leave out some greens for it to eat, that might help a little.

Thanks Charcat
He’ll be fine. Angel wing doesn’t usually affect them. He might have a bit of trouble flying, but it shouldn’t be bad enough that a predator gets him.

There is an entire flock at a nearby park to my house also in Florida. Its about 6 or 7 birds and every one of them has angel wing some only on one side some on both. They are fine, just kind of stick to their neighborhoods and forage around them and get some food from people. Angel wing doesn't really heal so you couldn't take him in for awhile expecting it to heal. Unless you had the ability and space to take him in permanently there isn't anything you can do.

Back
Top Bottom