Wild Mallard Ducklings

I'm hoping that I hear back soon about where I can take them as I dont want to get into trouble. They are eating and drinking, there are way too many droppings for them not to be, so thats good I guess. Thank for the help
smile.png

I didnt make this post to start trouble, I did not know that it was a problem. I have experience with some duck breeds and chickens, so I was called to help, they would have been hit by cars if I hadnt taken them. I am working on finding an appropriate rehabber for them. I'm not sure how me rescuing some ducklings in Canada has any impact on you specifically?

Question- If you say they are going to die anyway then isent it better to at least attempt to help them and give them the chance to live then just let them die alone somewhere? It sounds like she is trying to get them the help that they need and at least she came on here to get help on what to do instead of just dumping them. If she can save the life of the 2 ducks shouldnt that be all that matters? If not they will just die like you said they would anyway.

The OP is not even in the States so there is no issues for US regulations .People please keep negatives to your own as the OP is doing all they can. They are asking for help not bashing
thumbsup.gif

~Wind~ :

I'm hoping that I hear back soon about where I can take them as I dont want to get into trouble. They are eating and drinking, there are way too many droppings for them not to be, so thats good I guess. Thank for the help
smile.png

I think you are doing fine. You are in contact with those who need to know you have them, so anything anyone has to say is not of any importance.

A good resource is Carolina Waterfowl Rescue.
Tell Jennifer what you told us, that you are waiting to hear back from the county for a rehabber. She can give you good sound advice.

Her info is here
http://www.carolinawaterfowlrescue.com/contacts.html

Good luck and good job!​

~Wind~ :

I didnt make this post to start trouble, I did not know that it was a problem. I have experience with some duck breeds and chickens, so I was called to help, they would have been hit by cars if I hadnt taken them. I am working on finding an appropriate rehabber for them. I'm not sure how me rescuing some ducklings in Canada has any impact on you specifically?

What province are you in? I can look up rehabbers in your area in my directory. I am a member of the National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association and they issue a membership directory.​

If you've contacted the proper authorities who are working with you, I wouldn't worry about being in any kind of trouble.

I mostly wanted to say that I agree with them being wood ducklings.

Just an aside, maybe you can also ask the sanctuary or wildlife people if you can get trained to be a rehabber sometime in the future. That way, you can help animals in your area since there seems to be a lack of licensed people around there.

Since they are wild ducklings, they might not realize that crumbles are food. I would try greens, mealworms, little crickets, things like that.

They are precious! Good luck with them & bless you for taking them in!

Back
Top Bottom