WIld onions

Personally, I would dig them up. Then chances are the chicken poop will eventually kill any that come back. Unless your run is gigantic, it will be nothing but dirt soon anyway. (Unless you are going to fill it with something.)
Not gigantic. I’m planning on 12x24. I’ll be adding shredded bark and so on as they kill off whatever is there.

Sounds like Garlic Chives if they have bulbils on the green tip ! I don't know if chickens eat them but I do ! :droolTry cutting them, the green stems up in quarter inch pieces and mixing in a tablespoon with egg salad . I have them here in Ohio and I know they grow in Tennessee Look them up!! and you will see they are great for you and me . 🍀
Oh lord no - I don’t like raw garlic or onions in any form. Not even the smell of them. (Cooked are great.)

Update: it was a gorgeous day (high of 68!) and I had the afternoon off, so I decided to occupy myself by digging up the wild onions where I want the coop to go. Now if we can only get a firm answer from our builder about the house site so I will know if there was any sense in me clearing that area!
94D75B91-3513-47AB-91B3-ECFC57305568.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom