Wild Reeves Pheasants in the US?

You're right, why would I even be skeptical. I'm sure my buddy didn't come anywhere near your estates.

Done with this thread.

Dan

Not sure where that came from- by bird twit I meant to write bird twitch- as in bird watchers- sorry-

And you're welcome to come visit anytime-seriously bring the kids and chilax.
I really did not mean to come off like a mashsoul -what I meant is it's so choked the countryside in the mostly unpopulated parts of the island- you cannot see through it. Bird watchers "twitches" are by habit looking over the tops of plants- they look in trees- on the sea coast- even on the tops of the sand plains grassland-but deep within the heathlands and barrens it's very difficult to see anything that lives on the ground and doesn't want to be seen. Bird watchers just don't visit some parts of the island -there's no access. And this is why it hasn't been front page news.

Last edited:
Interesting - I just got back from cycling today in Central Mass and I stopped in my tracks by a Pheasant on the side of the road - it let me get within arm's length of it, was was not aggressive at all. I took a few photos and a number of videos - this was absolutely in the wild, and, like I said, on the side of a major road

I stopped to prevent it from crossing and getting hit - once I got it back into the woods, I left it be - but an absolutely fantastic looking animal - like nothing I've ever seen in the wild. Googling led me to the name of the bird, and then "Reeves Pheasant in Massachusetts" led me here.

In any case, a very interest and unique encounter!

Cheers,
CSL

Back
Top Bottom