Wildlife Photography

New lens came today, excited to give it a go this weekend! Both secondhand, the teleconverter has been used twice and doesn't even have dust on it and the lens is Excellent condition, other than the tripod collar having a small amount of wear looks brand new.

SMC Pentax-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM

This is the new lens, to replace my Sigma 50-500mm and maybe replace my 55-300mm at the same time. Both great lenses but I'm not using the zooming and got a great deal on the combo.

HD Pentax-DA 1.4x AW AF Rear Converter
Got this teleconverter to go with it to help achieve longer range when needed, from what I managed to try this evening it has almost no IQ drop compared to not using it!

That's actually disappointing. They've been trying to get me to move from luminar4 to neo and I've been considering it, but maybe I will just stick with the old stuff. I only really use it for landscape and astro stuff anyway and version 4 works a treat.
It's not worth the price IMO after giving lightroom a good go, both are the same price or similar and lightroom's mask AI saves me a lot of time.

The support are great and all that but the fact they couldn't solve my problems is super disappointing. At the same time, many I know who use Neo don't have the same issues as myself. I liked Luminar4, got it for only £7 too!

This week I was walking through the yard and accidentally stepped on this baby robin. Thankfully it was ok. I did get divebombed by about 6-7 Adult robins. They were not happy with me.
5FE81FDD-814C-47E7-806F-69823A546144.jpeg
C975824D-1B0E-47A3-88E0-92D6A1E8A02A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom