Will 4 hours power cut stop the process?

Medianet85

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2018
Hi friends..

My home made incubator faced 4 hours of power cut on 4th day.. I setup an inverter with car battery but battery charger failed to charge the battery due to an unknown reason. So the Incubator faced almost 4 hours of power failure. Will this cause any issues?

I suppose it depends on how much fresh air comes in and how warm the room is.
I would wait for another 4 days and then check the eggs with a torch 🔦 . Eggs that are 8 days old with growing embryos have blood vessels in them.

With a good torch or the one from you’re mobile you should see if the eggs are alive or not. Mark the eggs with a pencil ✏ if you are not sure and check again in a couple of days. Throw the infertile/dead ones out.

ps. No experience with incubators (only with broodies) but have been reading about them and bc there was no reaction I gave it a try to give the proper advice. Please correct me if needed.

Last edited:
Dont give up, I had a similar case day 4, 4 hours out due to a fail in the heat lamp. Temp went from 100 to ~78 during the outage. 9 of 10 eggs developed without problems, it is day 18 and I expect a hatch soon!

Back
Top Bottom