Will a chicken hawk eventually leave?

Interesting Post:

For what its worth, our local game warden lives only a few miles away, so after reading the initial post I ask him, this was his response:

"If wildlife of any kind persists in threatening, harassing and/or kills any of your farm animals shoot them, but don't pick them up and then call me. If it is Federally specie protected, call me first and I'll probably shoot them"

However, I would strongly suggest that you contact your local agent before doing anything.

Kentucky

Quote:
Nope, none of that argument here. I love our domestic critters, all the sizes shapes and colors and uses.

Alright, I'll stop before this thead gets truly hijacked.
lol.png
As much as I love our hijacking topics, those are usually some of the best.

-Kim

Oh, this will get interesting. Should we transfer this to another thread?
caf.gif

-Kim

Last edited:
Quote:
You know, Kim, Id like to nominate you for moderator - youre a natural.

BTW how is the re-title Davaroo process going? DO we have a deadline?

Quote:
You know, Kim, Id like to nominate you for moderator - youre a natural.

BTW how is the re-title Davaroo process going? DO we have a deadline?

Have you not looked at your title or does the new one not show for you?

Kentucky - Thanks for the info. from the game warden in your area. Fortunately for me, the hawk left on it's own. I have not seen it or any others since that day.

Wolf-Kim - Thanks for moving the other conversation to a new thread. It was getting off of topic from the original post.

Dorothy

You're welcome.

Just because you do not see the hawk, do not assume that it is gone. I think we have a nesting family nearby, we "rarely" see them, but I do know they are here. I can hear the nest throughout most of the day and I have the occasional adolescent bird dissapear. So I know they are here, but I usually do not see them.

Many times hawks will perch in trees to watch over a field or pond, and they are very hard to see when in the trees. I suppose that is the point of being in the tree, doesn't help the hunt when you announce your presence.

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom