Will a double yolker hatch 2 chicks?

Kennas_Kritters

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Polk City, FL
My Coop
My Coop
I have a Ameraucana hen that is laying on 15 eggs! She had 14 yesterday but I guess one of the other girls slipped in and gave her #15! I noticed #15 is a blue/green egg like all the rest but it happens to be a double yolker! I have never tried to hatch a double yolk before so I was wondering what the outcome will be? Will there be 2 chicks? Will one chick die off and the other will continue to grow? Siamese twins? The chick(s) will be either pure ameracauna or ameracauna/auracana mix.

I have a Ameraucana hen that is laying on 15 eggs! She had 14 yesterday but I guess one of the other girls slipped in and gave her #15! I noticed #15 is a blue/green egg like all the rest but it happens to be a double yolker! I have never tried to hatch a double yolk before so I was wondering what the outcome will be? Will there be 2 chicks? Will one chick die off and the other will continue to grow? Siamese twins? The chick(s) will be either pure ameracauna or ameracauna/auracana mix.
I believe that they dont tend to make it...but if they somehow do hatch, they will be twins

It’s rare for both chicks to survive, usually 1 dies while the other lives. It’s possible for both to hatch, but it’s a rare occurrence!

Back
Top Bottom