Will a Floppy Comb or Missing Points Make Me Loose In The Show Rink?

I'm still a bit too nervous to do it - how bloody is it? I know you're suppose to dip it in ice then use __ kind of scissors to do it...
There should be someone who shows birds in Utah or near by who could help you on this. You need a sharp pair of scissors to do this Poultry supply houses sell such scissors. Is their any fighting cock guys living near you who have their chickens out side on tie cords? The do it every year And I a sure the would show you. bob

i need someone here who knows how to dub lol i cant bring myself to do it as he looks very very good with his comb and all

i need someone here who knows how to dub lol i cant bring myself to do it as he looks very very good with his comb and all

I think it is a shame they have to be dubbed to show. I like their little combs! I couldn't do it myself either.

If you like single combed birds there are a number of breeds with single combs that don't require dubbing. If you want to show games they must be dubbed. Simple choice; don't want to dub, don't show games show Leghorns or Minorcas or any number of other breeds.

If you like single combed birds there are a number of breeds with single combs that don't require dubbing. If you want to show games they must be dubbed. Simple choice; don't want to dub, don't show games show Leghorns or Minorcas or any number of other breeds.

NYREDS- Question....why is it part of the standard for OEGs and MGBs? Is it because of the heritage of fighting/game birds? I'm not against it. I just think the little combs are cute on those tiny little roos.

Or else just show the girls...

NYREDS- Question....why is it part of the standard for OEGs and MGBs? Is it because of the heritage of fighting/game birds? I'm not against it. I just think the little combs are cute on those tiny little roos.

Didn't write the Standard but I assume in the case of Old English Games it's an extension of the history of the Pit Games they were created from. Modern Games however are a fanciers creation & were never used for fighting. In their case I assume it was an aesthetic decision. Undubbed Moderns lack the refined appearance of dubbed specimens.
You speak of "tiny little roos" so I assume you are referring to Bantam Games. Understand they were not fighting birds. They too were created for exhibition purposes.

Didn't write the Standard but I assume in the case of Old English Games it's an extension of the history of the Pit Games they were created from. Modern Games however are a fanciers creation & were never used for fighting. In their case I assume it was an aesthetic decision. Undubbed Moderns lack the refined appearance of dubbed specimens.
You speak of "tiny little roos" so I assume you are referring to Bantam Games. Understand they were not fighting birds. They too were created for exhibition purposes.

Im referring to Modern Game Bantams actually. A friend has one. I was assuming it was because they were bred to look like their bigger game bird cousins, which I guess is a correct assumption. Thanks for the info.

i still havent dubbed mine yet and i have one other thats still growing thats gonna need dubbed

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom