Will a Hawk Attack a Goose?

Besides that, there are ways to dispatch a goose for the meat that are a lot less traumatic for the poor thing. Suffocating is not a nice way to go, the body fights to the end. I wish now that I hadn't watched the video, it's going to stay with me for a while.

Besides that, there are ways to dispatch a goose for the meat that are a lot less traumatic for the poor thing. Suffocating is not a nice way to go, the body fights to the end. I wish now that I hadn't watched the video, it's going to stay with me for a while.
I'm so sorry for that I'll see if i can take it off, I should have watched it to the end so i would have known what i was posting.
sad.png

I'm so sorry for that I'll see if i can take it off, I should have watched it to the end so i would have known what i was posting.
sad.png
Just skip to the end, and you can read what is pasted on the photos. I wouldn't take it down. People need to know that these 'little' birds can in fact take down something 3Xs their size. It may not be a pleasant thing but it is honest. It may save the life of someones poultry in the future.

Wow, very sad to read that the attack was staged for entertainment. i just don't understand some people. But i must say that it was educational in showing that a hawk or falcon can take down much larger prey. i would hope if a hawk tried to go after one of my geese, if nothing else, it's eardrums would be shattered by all of them screaming. Just taking their salad out in the morning can be very painful.

Miss Lydia, you asked about the one goose in the house. No, she wasn't attacked. About a year ago, when she was six months old, something happened and she began limping. Took her to the vet several times and my vet could not feel any break in the leg. She got an injection, pain meds, acupuncture, and for a while she seemed okay, although her limp has never completely gone away. Last week she went down and couldn't walk at all so we took her back to the vet. Took X-rays (which we probably should have done a year ago). Her leg and pelvis is broken. My vet said it is an old injury, but concerned because the ball joint at the top of the leg that is broken is deteriorating. She suspects some kind of degenerative bone disease. We're trying crate rest, metacam, and daily therapy swims in the tub for 6 weeks then will xray again and see if there is any improvement. Hope she recovers as she is such a nice goose.

Wow, very sad to read that the attack was staged for entertainment. i just don't understand some people. But i must say that it was educational in showing that a hawk or falcon can take down much larger prey. i would hope if a hawk tried to go after one of my geese, if nothing else, it's eardrums would be shattered by all of them screaming. Just taking their salad out in the morning can be very painful.

Miss Lydia, you asked about the one goose in the house. No, she wasn't attacked. About a year ago, when she was six months old, something happened and she began limping. Took her to the vet several times and my vet could not feel any break in the leg. She got an injection, pain meds, acupuncture, and for a while she seemed okay, although her limp has never completely gone away. Last week she went down and couldn't walk at all so we took her back to the vet. Took X-rays (which we probably should have done a year ago). Her leg and pelvis is broken. My vet said it is an old injury, but concerned because the ball joint at the top of the leg that is broken is deteriorating. She suspects some kind of degenerative bone disease. We're trying crate rest, metacam, and daily therapy swims in the tub for 6 weeks then will xray again and see if there is any improvement. Hope she recovers as she is such a nice goose.
I hope she recovers too Enchanted, she sure is getting all the TLC she needs, and If I had had liquid in my mouth at the time I read the first part of your post it would have been all over the computer, that is hilarious, I only have 2 but I tell ya my gander sounds like 7 of them are out there at times. lol

Oh I hope she's better! So glad to hear you have a Vet who will treat her, that must be such a relief.

We've got a GREAT vet. She has waterfowl herself and she is so good at providing lots of options. Very good news is that, after her bath last night, my husband held her for a long time. We got her all nice and dry, and when i put her back in her hutch she stood up for a while. So now feeling confident that with time and care she will be able to walk again.

We've got a GREAT vet. She has waterfowl herself and she is so good at providing lots of options. Very good news is that, after her bath last night, my husband held her for a long time. We got her all nice and dry, and when i put her back in her hutch she stood up for a while. So now feeling confident that with time and care she will be able to walk again.
Thats great news Enchanted. we're all pulling for her.

Back
Top Bottom