Will a hen abandoned her eggs?

calychicken

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2024
I have a 10-month-old silkie mix that recently started sitting. Every morning, she runs to her box to sit. She didn't have any eggs until a few hours ago and we decided to let her sit on it. We moved her to the garage, since her preferred box is outside in one of the coops. will she abandon her eggs due to this? (We just picked up the box she was in and placed it in the garage)

Last edited:
I’ve pulled a broody out of her box, carried her across the yard with her eggs, and put her in a new box in a new area with her eggs. I think they are all different, and it might make a difference if they do not have an option to return to where they were. Mine stay with the eggs - so you’ll have to try it and find out!

Let us know how it goes, and good luck :fl

I’ve pulled a broody out of her box, carried her across the yard with her eggs, and put her in a new box in a new area with her eggs. I think they are all different, and it might make a difference if they do not have an option to return to where they were. Mine stay with the eggs - so you’ll have to try it and find out!

Let us know how it goes, and good luck :fl
She stayed on her nest all night! we have pretty high hopes!

Back
Top Bottom