Will a regular chlorine swimming pool hurt ducks

Chuck and Buck love our in ground pool. They don't get free range of it but theyre in it at least once a day. They have a kiddie pool in their area that they turn their bill up to.

They're still alive and kicking :)

It does require more upkeep than normal but the tradeoff is worth it. My son is a pool and open water swimmer. He swims in lakes and oceans 7 days a week that has a lot worse than a handful of duck poop. He also swims with Chuck and Buck in our pool every chance he gets. The boys love chasing and diving to get their human.
Yep, that's just Chuck and Buck, the OP has at least five ducks - as can be counted on the picture - that is a lot more poop and a lot more bacteria to deal with.

Where would I get salmonella poisoning? The pool water is chlorinated and will kill any bacteria or virus. It will be much cleaner than the lake we swim and water ski in, as it has ducks geese fish turtles etc... Pooping in it
You would be surprised how resilient salmonella bacteria are! - But you almost certainly have built up a good resistance against any kind of bacteria by swimming in that lake.
Can you swim safely in lakes around Memphis? I thought you have Alligators around Memphis too.

You would be surprised how resilient salmonella bacteria are! - But you almost certainly have built up a good resistance against any kind of bacteria by swimming in that lake.
Can you swim safely in lakes around Memphis? I thought you have Alligators around Memphis too.
I think you have me and my ducks mixed up with the OP. The OP said he was getting “some ducks”, the picture is of my spoiled babies. I live in Memphis, I am not sure where he is. And no, we do not have alligators, the winters are too cold. I was just trying to share my experience with a pool and ducks because it was worse than I thought it would be.

Back
Top Bottom